The Insulcon Group has a wide range of Insulmicanite® products. Insulmicanite products® are specifically developed for the use as thermal, electrical and even mechanical insulation in induction furnaces. Insulmicanite® products are placed between the coil and the refractories in induction furnaces:
- They protect the coil from mechanical stresses resulting from the expansion and movement of the crucible
- They improve electrical insulation during sintering
- They can be used to adjust the sintering depth and to reduce heat losses from the furnace
- They reduce the risk of perforation when the crucible wears or cracksThey can be used in the electronic detection of defects in the crucible
- They facilitate the removal of a worn crucible.
Insulmicanite® products are available in sheets or on a roll, without a backing or with glass fiber backing on one or both sides, with body soluble fiber to improve thermal insulation and absorb expansion, etc.